Rita St. Amant
The arts have always played a large role in Rita's life. With her mother having been an
exceptional seamstress and craftsperson, and this having a heavy inﬂuence on her
beginnings, those concepts carried on throughout Rita’s life and are reﬂected in her
work today. Being born and raised in southern Saskatchewan, Rita St. Amant is a self-taught, grassroots artist whose proud surroundings are reﬂected in her works.
She presently works from her home studio and draws inspiration from the prairie skies
and landscapes. From the Shield to the Badlands, nature brings a strong sense of awe with its ever changing interplay of color and textures.
Rita has partaken in numerous classes and retreats in visual art and art history. In the
past 20 years, this play on color has directed her towards ﬁber and textile. Having
experience in different media, her present day pieces explode with color. This bold style creates art from a unique perspective, forcing her to develop ideas based on an original, novel, or unconventional approach. She is always engaging in avenues that are new, unique, or different.
Member of the following:
- FAN(Fiber Art Now)
- Sask Culture
- Assiniboia & District Arts Council
- Juried member of Saskatchewan Craft Council and Alberta Craft Council
- Exhibition of work at Kay Cristo Room Assiniboia Sask. 2017, 2014
- Exhibition of work at Handmade House Saskatoon, Saskatchewan 2017
- Exhibition of fiber art at Affinity Gallery Saskatoon Saskatchewan 2015
- Juried exhibit of fiber art at Manitoba Fiber Festival
- Work available at Handmade House Saskatoon Saskatchewan
- Work available at Gallery 148 Elbow Saskatchewan
- Also sells as vendor at Manitoba Fiber Festival, Wintergreen (Regina, Sk) Fine Craft Festival
- And Sundog Entertainment Faire